Monday, January 05, 2009

Summer Reading

Heads up for your Summer reading list: Scheduled for publication in June is a biography of Cliff Burton by noted music journalist Joel McIver.


Those who know Umlaut are aware of my history with Metallica.. Long story short, Joel interviewed Umlaut as well as other key people from back in The Day in researching this book. Those times and Cliff's memory are sacred to me and I don't think I would have spoken to anyone else besides Joel on the subject.

Given his past work and his personal knowledge of the bands he writes about, I know Joel's book will be the definitive and accurate account of Cliff's life. Joel is a journalist... AND he's Old Metal.

Click HERE to pre-order the book via Amazon.com in the U.K.. Information about the U.S. release to follow.

Cliff Bass Solos - 1983-86

Updated on 2/9/09: Metal Hammer has published the first excerpt from Joel's book: