Friday, October 08, 2004

Rock Star Feedback: The Black Rider

The exciting sequel to 48 Hours!

Last month Umlaut reviewed the staging of the Tom Waits / William S. Burroughs / Robert Wilson play 'The Black Rider' in S.F.. Much to my surprise "the star" of the show (in Umlaut's opinion) read the review and was kind enough to give me a shout:

-------- Original Message --------

Date: Fri, 08-Oct-2004

From: Terry Edwards

Subject: Black Rider

To: umlaut


Greetings Umlaut - you put a great big smile on my face when I saw the blog about the Black Rider & your kind mention of my name. Hope the music lived up to your expectations. I see there was one Motorhead t-shirt on the count - 2 members of Metallica have been to see the show if that gains any extra kudos!


I've had a blast in SF & will leave for London with mixed feelings on Monday.


Take care - Terry Edwards.


http://www.terryedwards.co.uk
===

Thanks, Terry! Keep on Rockin' in the Free World!

Terry has performed and recorded with the likes of Nick Cave, PJ Harvey, Jesus & Mary Chain, Spiritualized, Siouxsie Sioux, and Madness to name a few.. So, long story short, it made Umlaut's day to hear from him.