Saturday, May 14, 2005

Rocks Off

"I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping..."

Exile On Main St. is one of my favorite albums (ask my iPod). Any Music Geek can tell you how bad ass The Stones were in 1972.. Maybe the next time we hang out we can watch my copy of Cocksucker Blues.


But, that was then and this is now.. Rolling Stones Corporation, Inc. is setting up shop again to milk blood from a stone. Here are the ticket prices for their S.F. show at PacBell Park in November:

Field Seating
US $103.25 - US $454.25

Lower Box/Field Club Seating
US $103.25 - US $164.25

Club Level [2nd Deck]
US $103.25 - US $164.25

View Level [3rd Deck]
US $64.25 - US $103.25

Arcade [Benches without Backs]
US $103.25

Gotta like those bargain "benches without backs" seats.. I think the $64.25 tickets are reserved urinal seating. Call me what you will, but let's flash back to 1981:


(From the Umlaut Archives)

US $15.50

One ticket price. No economic elitist crap.

Yes, yes, inflation...Yes, yes, the economics of the Music Biz now... Yes, yes, the price of putting on a quality "Rock" show in the 21st Century.. Yes, yes, Mick is STILL so youthful... Yes, yes, Keef STILL has attitude.

FUCK 'EM.

Give me Iggy Pop any day.