Monday, July 03, 2006

Europe vs. Europe

The thought-provoking sequel to World Cup 2006, Scorpions vs. Poland, Redrum Card, and Trench Foot.

Since England (my team) was eliminated from World Cup 2006, I needed to put this week's semifinals into some kind of context. Of course, the only legitimate way to do this was to go through my record collection geographically:

France: Amelie soundtrack, Serge Gainsbourg, Edith Piaf, Django Reinhardt, Trust.




Germany: Accept, Die Haut, Einstürzende Neubauten, Ute Lemper, Rammstein, Scorpions, Señor Coconut, Kurt Weill.



Italy: Raw Power (Actually, I'm lying since I sold my Raw Power records years ago... but I didn't want to leave this space blank..)



Portugal: Sepultura (Yah, yah Sepultura are from Brazil, but Portugese IS the official language there.. so I think this is valid..).



Discuss amongst yourselves.

P.S. Allez les Bleus!