Friday, August 04, 2006

Slow News Day

A friend with the best of intentions included me on one of those e-mail Q&A things. I should have answered it seriously and I'm not a very good friend for being such a smartass (sorry Marin) but, unfortunately, it's my way since I'm a shifty Oriental.

===
Things you may not have known about me.....

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:

  1. Dry cleaner
  2. Waiter
  3. Cook
  4. Algebra tutor
B) Four movies I would watch over and over again (and do):
  1. My Dinner With Andre (for the drunken suicidal pick axe assault scene to retake the citadel)
  2. Das Boot (for the finale where Heinrich finally ties his own boot laces while being depth charged)
  3. Out Of Africa (for the wacky car / giraffe chase sequence)
  4. I Spit On Your Grave (best documentary ever)
C) Four places I have lived:
  1. For our Lord, Jesus Christ.
  2. In my own heart
  3. In squalor
  4. Happily ever after.
D) Four TV shows I love to watch:
  1. ESPN2 Lumberjack competition finals
  2. ESPN2 Fly Fishing competition finals
  3. ESPN2 Bowling competition finals
  4. Travel Channel World Poker Tour
E) Four places I have been:
  1. All the way
  2. To Hell and back
  3. The Promised Land
  4. The darkness of my own heart.
F) Websites I visit daily:
  1. Dungeons & Dragons forum
  2. NRA.org
G) Four of my favorite foods:
  1. People
  2. Pets
  3. Haggis
  4. Veggie burgers
H) Four places I would like to be right now:
  1. Someplace where the voices can't find me
  2. My fantasy world of mirth and laughter
  3. The Produce Section
  4. "The Box"
I) Four friends I think will respond to this (no pressure):
  1. My personal savior, Jesus Christ
  2. Almighty God
  3. The voice in my head
  4. Elvis
J) Four hangouts I frequent in and about my 'hood:
  1. Under the bleachers
  2. The crawlspace
  3. In the bushes
  4. Costco
K) Four notable concerts/shows I've been to:
  1. Our Lord Jesus Christ's Sermon on The Mount (front row!)
  2. Pope John Paul II's comeback tour featuring Meatloaf
  3. Homeless guy on plastic bucket
  4. The Sirens (Pisinoe, Aglaope, and Thelxiepi) - I saw them with Odysseus back in The Day.
===
On another note: Why are Orientals so pathetic?? Click HERE and nod in agreement. You're NOT cool.. Stick to Math, kids.

That being said, THIS Oriental says the new Slayer album, the first with the original lineup in 16 years, is FOOKIN' GLEAT!! It's exactly what I wanted (nay, needed!) to hear. The song 'Cult' is THE feel-good song of the Summer!

"I'VE MADE MY CHOICE!!! 666!!!"

The Old School never lets me down... which makes me want to share one of my all-time favorite pictures (taken from Slayer's Soundtrack To The Apocalypse box set):

Slayer, Exodus, & Road Crew - 1984
(Spot the youthful Tour Manager Doug - D-E-V-O).

Me love Slayer long time.