Friday, February 02, 2007

God's Record Collection

If you're like Umlaut you want to know "What bands do Christian groups not want me listening to?" We'll now you can find out thanks to the web site Love God's Way.

To quote the site: "One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music."

Who knew?! On the way back to the car, some pimply-faced teenagers called me a fag because of my record collection. Of course, I can think of other reasons for not listening to Metallica and I don't need the God Squad telling me... but Motorhead, Frank Sinatra, and Ted Nugent are gay too?! Shocking...

Of course, part of me wants to believe the site is merely using the Lord's name in vain for a laugh.. but if The Dresden Dolls really are a "safe" band for Christians maybe there's hope for my soul after all (and Big Wayne's too!).