Monday, February 19, 2007

I Ain't Going There

Rolling Stone has posted the 1st photo of the "reunited" Van Halen... with their 15-year old bass player and sans Michael Anthony and David Lee Roth's golden locks.


I was WAY into Van Halen when I was 16-years old, but a Van Halen reunion without Michael Anthony's vocal harmonies is total bullshit, man... Plus, VH '07 is going out with a 15-year old on bass who's only been playing for a year?? "Classic" VH was all about the bullshit, larger than life Rock Star swagger... and they're passing the Jack Daniels bass to a pimply-faced teenager who's gonna be on Summer vacation? WTF..

Anywho, I'm happy to remember VH the way they were the last time I saw 'em and leave it at that:

Oakland Coliseum Arena - June 1981

$8.50 and $10.00
(From the Umlaut Archives)

$10 in 1981 = A golden ticket to Arena Rock.
$10 in 2007 = One Arena beer.

I ain't going there, dyaknowwhatimean?

1980 Tour Program
(From the Umlaut Archives)

"Somebody give me a shot..."