Friday, May 18, 2007

Get The Led Out

Today I went to the mall near my work to get lunch at a specific fish taco place; I was wearing my fave Led Zeppelin shirt (long sleeve Tampa Stadium '73). When I stepped up to the counter the cashier was staring at my shirt with a look on her face as if I were Robert Plant asking if she'd like to meet "Percy".

It was an awkward moment before she gushed "I LIKE YOUR SHIRT!!!"... I thanked her and she then went on about how she had been the only person to buy the Zeppelin box set at the Barnes & Noble across the courtyard from the restaurant. "Cool....", I responded.

As I was giving her my name to attach to the order she stopped me and gushed "CAN I ENTER YOU AS ZEPPELIN?!!" I said "Sure..." So she did and seemed quite excited about it:


When my order came up the announcement over the PA was "Zeppelin, your order is ready.."

For those who know what my 2007 has been like so far, this incident is just one more magical irony to add to the others... I couldn't make this shit up even if I tried.

"Let the music be your master, will you heed the master's call?"

Then, later that afternoon, I was stunned to come across a Close Lobsters CD in the office CD collection, which made me feel like Capt. Kirk at the beginning of The Wrath Of Khan.