Monday, August 06, 2007

Barry Metal

So, Barry Bonds hit his "historic" Home Run #755 in San Diego over the weekend... However, what caught Umlaut's eye wasn't baseball history, but the dude sitting 2 rows in front of where the ball landed in the stands:


The dude was wearing a denim vest with a Metallica patch on the back.

Now that I think about it, Barry is the Metallica of Major League Baseball... Hometown San Francisco Bay Area "hero"... Credibility in doubt by many, but still popular with many others. People don't "buy" his records, but they'll still go see him in stadiums.. "Substance" abuse issues... Barry: BALCO > Metallica: SKOM... On August 3, 1986 Cliff Burton played his final U.S. show with Metallica before his death. On August 4, 2007 Barry Bonds hit Home Run #755.. I know, I know.. I'm just pulling these out of my ass to try and make this post interesting... Discuss amongst yourselves.

"Neverending maze... Drift on numbered days.."