Thursday, February 12, 2009

Surrounded By Idiots

After a late morning appointment in The Haight today, Umlaut found himself at Amoeba Records. While wandering the aisles I overheard:

Girl: "Like, I don't even buy CDs anymore... I download everything."

Then, while I was rifling through the used 7" bin, I had the following encounter:

Guy: "What are these?"
Me:
(after a moment of WTF silence..) "7-inch singles... 45's..."
Guy
: "Really? I didn't think they still made these.."

If I had acted on impulse in response to this guy it would have been justifiable homicide, right?

On a good note, Umlaut scored himself some Krisiun (Southern Storm CD) and a nice import Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers 2CD comp (Roadrunner, Roadrunner: The Berserkley Collection). Excellent.

I also saw the pictured 7" in the used bin for a mere $1.99. Umlaut's copy at home is autographed and would probably fetch at least $3.99 now! If you hurry over to Amoeba it's probably still there!