Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Decade Onstage

I still don't have my head around the fact that another DECADE is ending in less than a week... Trippy, right? Anyway, while Umlaut is hesitant to jump on the "Let's Compile An End Of The Decade List" bandwagon I will attempt to be one of the cool kidz and post this list compiled from the Umlaut Archives... because seeing a band live is where it's at, dude.

The 15 Bands That Umlaut Saw Onstage The Most Over The Past Decade:

This is a pretty good general snapshot of where my head has been over the past 3,650 days. At the start of this decade I hadn't really come back around to my Metal roots yet. Also, at the beginning of this decade, I had yet to experience some personal and professional earthquakes that profoundly affected me psychologically... events that eventually guided me back to the music that has meant the most to me since I was a teenager: METAL.

Anyway, there you go... Umlaut is NOT going to compile any more fucking "Top Whatever" lists after this. However, Tour Manager Doug points out that "The Decade" actually doesn't end until after 2010, which seems to fly against popular consensus right now.

Discuss amongst yourselves.