Thursday, January 16, 2014

Axe Crazy

For the newbies:  Jaguar were a band from Bristol, England who were one of the best of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM) bands.  Long story short, during an online discussion between myself and some old Metal friends, I came to the realization that many of us were issued the following by Jaguar back in The Day.  Obviously, we all felt this item was a sacred badge of honor since we've all kept it for these 30+ years.

Umlaut - San Francisco

K.J. Doughton - Oregon

Wayne Archibald - Montreal

Jim Powell -Baltimore

Alex Gee (Shock Power 'zine) - Germany

I love this band photo.  There's no posing.  If you took away the text it could be just 4 guys hanging out in Bristol, England in 1982 trying not to be bored.  Instead it was these guys:


Jaguar also had my favorite NWOBHM band logo this side of Tank.  Anyway, here's a bad ass Jaguar live photo that a Dutch penpal sent me back in The Day.  Cheers to Nico van Steen wherever he may be here in the 21st Century!

Dynamo, Eindhoven, Holland - December 18, 1982

"Now I'm back I'm a dangerous force
Fallen victim to life's evil course
I'm a madman so watch out for me 

Got my six string I've gone... Axe Crazy!!"