Thursday, October 16, 2014

Humm Baby


I've been a Giants fan since I was 5.  I've been going to games semi-regularly to religiously for 30 years.  Tonight was the most amazing greatest game I've ever witnessed in person.


I lost count of how many times I said "Holy. Shit." out loud after Morse's HR in the 8th to tie and then after Ishikawa's walk off HR in the bottom of the 9th.  It was the first time the Giants have been sent to the World Series on a walk off HR since Bobby Thomson's "Shot Heard 'Round The World" in 1951. 

Historic.  

Crazy. 

Amazing. 

Tonight was made even more special because I was also at the September 13th game when the Giants lost 17-0 to the fucking Dodgers; I stayed until the final out with a couple of good friends and beers.  It was the worst home loss in the 131-year history of the Giants.

Yes, I'm afraid at this moment in my life I love baseball more than Metal.