Tuesday, June 12, 2007

You've Had A Busy Day Today

With this post I will stick a gun in my mouth and blow my Metal Cred out of the back of my head.

Recently Tour Manager Doug and I had a conversation about the fact that, despite our well documented Metalhead history and experiences, we actually have no Metal cred at all: Doug because he loved the 1st Violent Femmes album and he didn't know about Dante's Nine Circles of Hell and me because I saw Prince on the Purple Rain Tour within 2 weeks of seeing Iron Maiden on the Powerslave Tour.

With that in mind, I will now state publicly and for the record that I fucking love this song:
"Pirate smile, you married a music man.."

Tour Manager Doug (TMD) says: "I hereby officially request that you reword your blog to include reference to my Devo shirt, which saw more Metal than "The Kidz" today will ever know."

TMD and his Devo shirt with members of Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, and Exodus
Aquatic Park, Berkeley, CA - August 19, 1984

Umlaut says: TMD wore that Devo shirt to almost every show back then. His Metal Cred was blown almost from the start but we were all too young and clueless to realize it....