Sunday, June 08, 2008

Pleased To Meet Me

Umlaut felt old this afternoon when he was in a mall store and 'Can't Hardly Wait' started playing on the instore music.

The Replacements in a fucking mall!? Oh, man...... Hopefully Westerberg owns the publishing rights to the song so at least he's getting paid royalties for the mall play.

As I went up to the register to pay, The Replacements ended and the next song on the store's playlist kicked in: 'I Want It That Way' by The Backstreet Boys.

The two young ladies behind the counter started singing along to it, no doubt because they've heard it hundreds of times during the course of their employment.

I couldn't help but notice that the young ladies didn't sing along to The Replacements; I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Either way, Chinks dig BSB too...


I never want to hear you say, I want it that way... when Alex Chilton he comes 'round... 'kay?