Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This Week In Music Geek

Whenever I've posted on this subject in the past it's been about some new batch of vinyl records or CDs that have nested at Casa de Umlaut. However, I was sitting at my desk and happened to look up into my glass Geek display case and noticed something I thought would probably make for a good subject since I'm bored tonight:

(From the Umlaut Archives)

This is the one of a kind, only one ever made, pre-production, unpainted (obviously) sample of the infamous Lemmy action figure that was briefly sold in 2008. Metal.

Long story short, Umlaut was responsible for this bit of Merchandising history. Yes, this was officially licensed and approved by Lemmy himself.. However, in the end, the figure was only sold for a short time before... uhhh... a breach of contract resulted in the manufacturer being forced to pull it from the market.

Click HERE to see Lemmy's reaction to himself recreated in miniature. I'm still dubious about it, but if Lemmy was happy with it that's all that matters, man. Anyway... Probably not as exciting as a new batch of limited edition colored vinyl 7" singles with gatefold picture sleeves.. but it'll have to do since it's all I got to give tonight.

Cue red wine.